It's always difficult for me when members leave the site. Today two members I admired greatly disappeared without a word, and I have no idea why.

I'm sitting in a bit of shock, with a sense of loss and curiosity that has me feeling sad and achy. I guess as a new site owner, this is something I'm going to have to get used to. Getting attached to members, and then seeing them go.

I'm sure some of you were also touched by those who have left in some way, and if not this time, a time may come when someone you admire leaves.

I will never track down a member that has gone after they do to try to find out what happened or get them to return to the site. I have great respect for peoples decisions and privacy, and I assume usually that if they don't tell me something, it's because they don't want to. So as much as it may be information I want to have, it's not information that I feel entitled to over another's right to their own choices around privacy.

Likewise, if a member has told me why they have left, but not announced to the site over all, I won't pass on that information to you. In this case I don't know what happened and don't have information to share, but if I did, I would only do it if I had the permission of those who had left.

That being said, if for some reason any of you reading this decide to leave at some point, please consider letting us know why. Not just myself, but the membership as a whole. I would rather negative opinions about myself and/or the site, than people just disappearing into the ether.

The good news is we have also welcomed many wonderful new minds and spirits.

Be well

Leila

Views: 784

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I could remember if they are admins or creators of a site themselves, at least that way I could send people who are interested in their information and continued contact to a url. My memory is terrible and I connect with so many people I never keep them straight. (I mix up my family members! lol)

If anyone knows if they own sites or have groups on sites, please feel free to post urls in this thread.

Aw thanks Bill. :)

I know I am new and have only been on here for a few days but this is the nicest site I have been on. The other two, one is, the people are so mean to u and the other is kinda dying. But I really like this one. Everyone is nice and accepting. Trust me when I say I will not be leaving. I would be stupid if I did.

Blessed Be

Silver Pheonix

Aw, thanks Silver Pheonix. :) We co-create the site together, so if we're nice and accepting, it's because you're nice and accepting. *smile* Keep it up! :)

Hugs you

xx

Leila - You win some; you lose some. Again the adage oft repeated is "If you love something - let it go...."

You have created a sanctuary for the migratory birds seeking refuge and seasonal shelter. When the seasons come, the rightful birds would be back to their resting / nesting grounds. 

IMO - Please take responsibility for the upkeep of the sanctuary and don't take ownership and responsibility of the birds - they were always meant to fly freely. 

Lazy ol' birds like me may be lingering around longer... I can personally thank you for the sanctuary you have created and bless you for doing so.

Cheers!

Charles

So beautifully put. :) I'm just a sensitive soul... I enjoy being sensitive though.. I'm more filled with love and joys, than sorrows. Thank you Charles.
I will miss them both!  Zazu was a beacon of light in the dark corridor of life...  I really hope where ever she and Warlock are they are happy!

Excellent. :)

I have faith that the energetic cocktail made up of our membership will stay in the right balance, and those meant to be here... will, and those meant to move on.. will.

I'm afraid we're also going to have to say goodbye to Devilwoman, aka Lady of the Night. This was a member I met long ago on a site called Ashtar Command. She was wonderful, captivating, intelligent, and I thought kind. She invited me to join her site the Vampire Metrou. I stayed a little while, and then left, as my health at the time was making it too hard to keep up with.

When I started joining sites again now that I have the energy and ability to keep up with being active online, for the most part that is, I still have bad days. I created this site, and hers was one of the ones I joined.

She soon banned me shortly after. Without warning or explanation.

Then she joined the site here. I believe in letting people move freely in life, so I let her be here, despite her personal treatment of me elsewhere. Until someone does something to warrant them being banned on this site, that's pretty much my policy.

Since she has been here she has been very consistently plugging her site. She spammed people once through a number of groups, and I sent her a warning and she desisted, though she did not reply back to me or apologize.

Today she has announced she is leaving, and has spammed everyone with the announcement.

It's strange to me that people feel the need to engage in these kinds of behaviours. Since it's obviously not doing her site membership any good, the only reason I can fathom is that the payback is in the behaviour itself and this is someone that thrives on drama and negative attention.

Loves... to be hated.

Unfortunately I can't give her what she wants, because I love people regardless of their actions.

So, if you're into vampires and narcissists (self-proclaimed, she has described herself as someone who is narcissist, is all about self love, and that she thrives on the energy of others hate... I'm not saying anything she has not advertised highly about her own self), I highly recommend the Vampire Metrou...

I can't be honest with you and say I'm sad to see this member go, I'm not sad at all, what I'm sad about is that she was never really 'here' to begin with.

Devilwoman didn't have to tell us anything, she could have just took off and just stuck her head in now and again.There is no reason to announce that one is leaving, that tends to make people question if there is something wrong here. I think it kinda hurts her Ethos...

As for the first two fools, they bit of the apple of truth, and it is now working to break down some of their Primary foundations. When the truth hits, people often feel the need to run, rather than face the truth. Perhaps in a few months or a year or so they will return to confront what they ran from in the first place, the truth... 

In Ma'at,

Amenmaatra

leila - i may be new here, but FWIW -

a close friend of mine (moon panther) suggested i come here, so today i finally joined. i was drawn to this post because i have seen other sites fall into destructive cycles due to this type of negative energy due to clashes.

one thing i've learned is: as much as i personally take negative energy directed towards me too much to heart, i am trying to learn to handle it differently. particularly since i often help others to learn to protect themselves from negative energy; i don't shield myself as much as i try to help them learn to shield.

people come and go for their own reasons, and there will always be drama. but there are people i have counted on over the years. moon panther is one. i have known him (3-d) for about 40 years now, more or less. he is as close as my brother, he is part of my family. i would trust him with my life. which is why i came here when he suggested it. and i do not judge anyone by what others say about them - nor do i judge by how people choose to live their lives. i trust in my own observations, my own feelings, my own beliefs. no more, no less.

one thing i can say is that i think people are handling this particular issue with this person (devilwoman) with grace and acceptance of the people who are here. that speaks volumes regarding acceptance, love, and what all here should be seeking - a higher, greater understanding. which is why i came here in the first place.

thank you for all of your discussions on this. it reinforces the fact that i am glad i joined.

eileen

RSS

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook