1. Write your intentions on the piece of paper - type and print it, or hand write it in an appropriate color ink, or just use black, up to you. But write exactly what you’re looking for! What kind of house/apartment, what sort of neighborhood, what sort of roommate, and don’t forget to include your budget and timeline.
2. Roll up that lil piece of paper, and anoint it if you wish - we used a smidge of brandy, but you could use whatever type of liquid is most appropriate to your practice. Please don’t use alcohol if you’re below the legal age for consumption.
2. Tie that paper roll up with the ribbon or string, and tie the jingle bell to it. We used two jingle bells because… louder. Mostly.
3. Plop that sucker in the jar.
4. Add the little offering thing to the jar if you wish - skip this step if you don’t work with gods or spirits, because the idea is that I’ll be giving the three pieces of amber as an offering in a fire after we find the right house. It’s a bribe. Also, careful not to use anything that will shatter or break when you shake the jar… Once it’s in, close the jar.
5. Charge the jar with your intent! First, think about what you wrote down, what you want. Then imagine what it will be like to find the perfect place - the excitement! Third, imagine what it will feel like to live in this new place - the happy contentedness! Light a tea light or some other kind of candle on the jar lid to seal the deal. Or use an electric candle for like an hour, maybe.
6. Once that’s done, shake the jar and wish! Keep shaking and wishing every day, like you’re spamming a message board. And don’t forget to do the legwork: post ads, look at ads, call leasing offices, get a realtor, etc. Do what needs to be done, and you’ll find what you seek.