There are some photos that leave you wondering if they were taken on another world, and the 23 you're about to see are no exception. From freak weather phenomena to specific photography techniques required to capture a particular image, here are 23 of the most otherworldly pictures you'll ever see:
1. This is what the Greek island of Crete looks like enveloped in a cloud of Saharan sand.
2. A bird's-eye view of a beach.
3. Trees have long since reclaimed the temple of Angkor, Cambodia.
4. Russia's Gorkaya River is full of metal oxides, and that's why it's orange.
5. These sand tufas in California look like this thanks to strong winds and eons of time.
6. That isn't God's gigantic clenched fist, although it looks like it.
7. The pristine waters of a "green" lake in Austria.
8. The Northern Lights as seen from a Finnish man's window.
9. The groovy colors of China's Yuncheng Lake are caused by a unique species of alga that grows there.
10. This guitar-shaped highway junction can be found in Ufa, Russia.
11. The "supertrees" in the Gardens by the Bay park in Singapore are home to no less than 162,900 plants.
12. Germany's amazing Magdeburg Water Bridge.
13. This train leaves a station covered in no less than 30,000 LEDs.
14. This is what the Milky Way looks like shot with a long exposure.
15. The shore of Senegal's Retba Lake.
16. Iceland's stunning ice caves.
17. Light pillars appear to emerge from the sky in Norway.
18. Lava meets the ocean on a Hawaiian island.
19. A flock of sheep crosses a frozen lake in Tibet.
20. White Pocket, Arizona, USA
21. A rare weather phenomenon caught on camera in Sweden.
22. Skyscrapers glint a thousand different colors in Dubai.
23. A lake that lies at the bottom of a deep hole in Italy.