Shielding 2005

I got this information from my WICCA 2020 class in 2005. So, I do not have any site information on where it came from.

Begin this ritual at the first visible crescent of the New Moon and repeat every day for one lunar cycle. This will “set” the shield firmly in your subconscious mind, which will maintain the shield automatically. Afterward, repeat the ritual two days before the full moon or whenever you feel the need.

Step One: Light protection incense and sit comfortably, with spine straight. Anoint your 3rd eye and your solar plexus chakra “3rd” with the oil. "Patchouli Oil or Frankincense Oil or Myrrh Oil or other protection oils of your choice."
Breathe deeply and evenly for nine breaths. Allow yourself to become more and more relaxed with each breath.

Step Two: Continue breathing easily while visualizing your spine as the trunk of a great Oak. Feel your roots extend from the base of your spine deep into Mother Earth to anchor you firmly to the ground.

Step Three: With each inhalation, begin to draw power and energy up from deep within the earth. Feel it rising up through your spine, filling your entire body like sap rising up through a tree. Feel this energy penetrating every cell of your body, pulsing with every heart heartbeat.

Step Four:  Now visualize strong, firm branches sprouting from the top of your head and sweeping gracefully back to touch Mother Earth, completely surrounding, shielding and protecting you. Sense the energies that you are drawing up from the earth shoot up from the top of your head like a fountain, to flow down through your branches and back into the earth, forming a protective sphere of power and energy around you. See yourself comfortable centered within this easily flowing, continuously circulating energy sphere.

Step Five: Reach out with your mind and take hold of this energy sphere. Slowly draw the sphere in around your body, visualizing it as a second skin. Continue drawing up this energy, layer upon layer, like an onion until it is one foot around you. Know that nothing negative can penetrate this sphere.

Step Six: Once you are comfortable with this say to yourself:

I call to you “name of the deity “and Elemental! I ask that you touch this shield with your powers that they mix with mine.

Now visualize more energy coming from all around you to join with the energy making up this shield until it is so bright you cannot see through it. At some point, there will be a “blinding” flash and the shield will become transparent. The shield is now complete and fully functional. When this happens say”:

I thank you my Lord, Lady, and I thank you “Elemental” for your energy and assistance. I am now forever and protected from all external influences, emotions, thoughts, and energies that may come to do me harm. Nothing and no one can penetrate this protective shield without my direct conscious consent.
So mot it be!

Warding is a similar technique. A Ward is basically a Shield that is anchored to a physical place. Instead of using your own energy, though, you let Mother Earth energy flow upward to assist you. I perform a lot of creative visualizations regularly to enhance my abilities thus keeping my ward strong.

An Amulet is a magically empowered item that deflects specific energies or forces from the person wearing or carrying it. Usually, amulets are protection from some kind of negative energy.

A Talisman is a magically empowered item that attracts specific energies or forces to the person wearing or carrying it.

A circle is cast to create a clean space in which to do ritual and magickal workings. It creates an area in which both worlds are present; in a very real sense, it is between the worlds. To invite a Deity, or an Elemental, etc. without a circle (into the mundane world) isn't always such a great idea. It's easier to interact inside a circle. It also acts to keep magickal energy inside until it is ready to be released or to keep negative energy outside.

Views: 10

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook