We all have various meditation techniques, from sitting quietly, to running. After having a chat on the wall this morning, I thought hmmmmmm, let's have a look at this.

The Classic...

This seems to be many people's idea  of meditation...just chilling into a quiet place. For others they can go very deeply into that space and we often hear of someone 'finding themselves'. Has that happened to you? What does it mean to you?

I have a 'place' to go to when I can get the opportunity to meditate well, and am safe and secure. A mental environment, with walls and doors and people. Occasionally, I take myself there before sleep and drift off to The Land of Nod.

These days ~ family situations have speeded up my thought processes to a buzzy place at times ~ many demands and my meditations have taken on new forms.

Do you find this? What do you do to Meditate?

Handi~crafts.

Ok, this has always been a favourite relaxation method for me. Anything that helps you deal with stress is a type of self help therapy. Drawing, painting, sewing ~ all of that. Practical, often methodical and repetitive. I sit with an elderly lady who has a form of dementia, she can be extremely chatty in a confused, makes no sense, disjointed - and unaware of you, but knows if you're not listening way, and will hit you with a barrage of questions and, believe me, you want to catch those times. To communicate and laugh with her. So, knitting helps me to do that...one ear on her, one eye on my handicraft..in a bubble and relaxed. If not, it wouldn't be possible to take the lady out of the confusion.

What do you do?

Physical

My daughter in law spends most of her free time at the gym. That's her meditation/ me time. She uses music via headphones and goes off to her special place. It relaxes her and let's her deal with every day life. Gets the stress out.

I used to go to the gym, but lost the financial means and then the time was swallowed up due to a family situation, so I know walk. When you walk for meditation, you HAVE got to be in a safe environment.  Safe from passers by, traffic and other obstacles. A sports track, while wearing headphones with music on would suit me, personally. But I walk main 'drags' as we call them over here. Sing too...lol..not so good.

Yoga is a very popular method..

Anyone here into that? I've heard amazing things...

Some find cleaning their home a form of meditation...I have to have music for that, but it turns into something else..

Does this work for you? How?

Environment.

This is the most important part of meditation for me. It makes it breaks it. I would rather sit under a tree somewhere and zone out..not possible as here, I wouldn't feel Safe, so its the sofa.  And I am safe and secure ~ so I can zone out.

Your turn.....

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

Wonderful post. All of life can be a meditation. Writing a poem about love or god or even language --- a thoughtful meditation. Gardening or farming or even picking up trash - an earth meditation. Sitting in the tub breathing consciously - a water meditation. When one does a deep meditation, though, it is best to create a border. Withthose other ones it doesn't matter, but firmly signaling the end of an inner work or astral meditation by contacting the fabric one is wearing or looping the chi into the ground - finalizing - is important. 

Thanks Savlove ~ tips like those, the border ones, are invaluable.

Thanks, Elspeth for this information on 432 Hz Raise positive energy and remove negativity. I appreciate it. I have been listening to some music that has the 432 Hz wavelength.

You're welcome Mystic. I used a meditation video for part of my 'Moon Soak' lastnight.

I find my peace and focus when I do my drawings. Lately, it has been hard to draw lately because of how I am feeling but when the flow isn't there I do not force it. I find that later in the night time is when I have a better focus on life. This is when I find myself since I am a night owl.

What it means to me is that I am more attuned with thoughts and actions. I always tend to hold onto my Lemurian quartz during this time and regenerate which puts me into a good state of mind.

I do enjoy listening to my classical and meditative music which allows me to tune out all of the politics. 

I have been going to a drumming circle every Sunday for three hours plus they have people who meditate with seven singing bowls. They place some water in each one of them so that the 432 Hz is in each of them. They one hour sessions for these.

I can only draw/paint at night. It's the 'alone factor'. I can draw amongst other artists as they understand the mental isolation needed at certain points. I need total peace, no distractions at the very beginning of a piece. Not a door being flung open, or the tv switching channels etc..After the first hour, fine. Totally understand.

I have a singing bowls cd.  I love them but I can't really afford a real singing bowl.  Gary goes crazy when I play it.

I use ear phones when I meditate. I enjoy the extra sounds and it takes me deeper into the experience everytime. Gary will be back at work in a few months? Then you'll get some space again? Does Kasey go out much too? You need some space.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings she goes at 8 am and is usually back about 12:30 pm.  So yes, it helps.

Back when the kids were toddlers, Gary asked if we could take a shower together like we used to do.  I explained to him, no because that's the only time I have to myself where no one bothers me for a bit.  It took him over ten years to finally understand what I meant. You should NEVER ask the mum of toddlers, why can't we be like we used to be, before the kids.  lol

I missed my bath soaks at that time. I had a special needs baby..2 hours sleep in 24 hours. No change for about 5 years. He wasn't naughty, or a screamer but...no chance for a soak. Tea, or coffee was hard enough lol. 

and the husbands don't seem to understand that.  I got so I could change diapers(I used cloth)in sort of a twilight sleep.  Coffee was done carefully while I nursed.  But you're right no alone time to sip and wake up a bit.  When Geoffrey took naps I could grab some sleep, but my very independent daughter would not nap.  We settled for an hour quiet time.

RSS

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook

Donations & Sponsorship

July's 2020 Temple Sponsor:
TRUSTED TAROT
Get an accurate, FREE Tarot reading from Trusted Tarot and find answers to your most important questions above love, money, and more.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Please consider a donation to help with our continued growth and site costs

Connect

Visit The Temple
on Facebook:

Blog Posts

The Sol Assassin (XV)

Posted by Quingu on September 22, 2020 at 4:30pm 0 Comments

The Seraphim

Posted by Quingu on September 21, 2020 at 7:32am 0 Comments

The Cherubim

Posted by Quingu on September 19, 2020 at 2:30pm 0 Comments