Kundalini Serpent Meditation
1) Sit comfortably with your legs crossed. There is no need to force yourself into the Lotus position unless you are already adept at yoga. Hands resting on knees in “a palms” up position, with thumb and first finger touching each other. If you have difficulty sitting in this position, then sit on a straight-backed chair with feet flat on the floor.
2) Have your spine straight, relax your stomach and gently close your eyes.
3) Bring your attention to your breath, and allow it to naturally slow down. Take a few minutes over this, do not hurry.
4) Now bring your awareness to the base of your spine and visualize yourself breathing from there. As you inhale and exhale, visualize the breath coming into and leaving this area. Continue until you can fully visualize this area.
5) Once you feel concentrated enough, visualize a small black Lingham at the base of the spine. Then visualize a small red snake coiled around it, with the head looking up the spine, with its mouth open.
6) Once this picture is clear in your mind, visualize the snake starting its journey up the spine.
7) When the snake rises visualize its mouth to be as wide as your trunk, swallowing all as it ascends, while its tail is still curled around the Lingham at the base.
8) You may find that the snake has difficulty as it reaches each chakra, it may even start descending again, but persevere in your exercise.
9) Success in this meditation is indicated by the eruption or a great feeling of bliss, with the rising of the snake. It can happen that the Lingham will stretch upward with the snake, but it will always be based at the base of the spine with the snake’s tail attached.
This meditation helps you develop the ability to bring prana into various parts of the body, allowing you to start cleansing your chakra system. You may not feel the effects you want right away but each time as the snake rises and cleanse your chakras, it will be unblocking its path reading for a cleaner non-painful awakening
Thank you !!!