Left hand path and Right hand path do not represent femininity and masculinity

Left-hand path and Right-hand path do not represent femininity and masculinity

See this image below?

I found this on Tuesday while searching for stuff on mysticism that wasn’t the same soft, right-hand path crap, and I find it’s premise very flawed. It assumes the left-hand path is based on the same principle as yin from Taoist belief, which is passive, withdrawing, and feminine and that right-hand path is the same principle as yang, which is active, extroverted, and masculine.

Left-hand path is a spiritual path emphasizing the self, the attaining of personal power and godhood, spirituality aimed towards self-oriented goals, enlightenment through one’s own self or ego, and not dissolving the self into a higher consciousness, while right-hand path is spirituality based on attaining oneness with “God” or the universe, merging your self with the universe, and spirituality based on self-denial (and often denial of worldly pleasures). I don’t see the left-hand path as being very feminine, and I find the right-hand path to be too soft to be masculine (Wicca being the best example of soft, white light, and very feminine religion, despite the male god). Come to think of it, this idea seems to come from Wicca in some ways.

Ultimately, what one must realize is that the left and right-hand paths have nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with the orientation of one’s spiritual path, and I doubt it works the same way as Taoism. And who’s to say one does not look for the light in the left-hand path, or see darkness in the right-hand path?

Though I must admit, the LHP pentagram in that image is cool

https://mythoughtsbornfromfire.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/left-hand-p...

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, people misunderstand the left hand path all together. Black and white thinking is annoying as hell! Good read, Linda!

Now when you are Christian, many of them think anything not Christian is the left-hand path.

RSS

Have questions?

Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!

Have you?

Become a Member
Invited Your Friends
Made new Friends
Read/ Written a Blog
Joined/ Created a Group
Read/ Posted a Discussion
Checked out the Chat
Looked at/Posted Videos
Made a donation this month
Followed us on Twitter
Followed us on Facebook

Donations & Sponsorship

July's 2020 Temple Sponsor:
TRUSTED TAROT
Get an accurate, FREE Tarot reading from Trusted Tarot and find answers to your most important questions above love, money, and more.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Please consider a donation to help with our continued growth and site costs

Connect

Visit The Temple
on Facebook:

Blog Posts

The Necromancer (II)

Posted by Quingu on August 12, 2020 at 9:00am 0 Comments

Ouroboros

Posted by Quingu on August 9, 2020 at 11:00pm 0 Comments

Frozen Gate

Posted by Quingu on August 9, 2020 at 10:38pm 0 Comments