Area location: Country with Optional State, Province etc.
GA, United States
Why I wish to join The Temple & how I found out about it...
I found the site looking for pdf files of Crowley documents, and thought I’d go ahead and sign up in case I want to eventually participate in any forum discussions (and/or any other members only features).
About Myself & My Interests..
Current interests include psychology, philosophy, religion, occult (i.e., Qabalah, Gematria, the Tarot, sacred geometry, etc.), and meditation.
My Teachers & Influences, What was it about them that influenced me?
I joined the Ordo Templi Orientis at 18; began taking Vipassana meditation courses at 28; and am currently finishing my student exam for the A.’.A.’. (which I hope to get done before age 38 :)).
Two of my psychology professors in college also had a significant impact on my life, especially in grad school.
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how each was transformative without over-generalizing, but I would say that I take more responsibility now and am much more self-aware than I would’ve been otherwise, for sure.
Authors and/or Books I appreciate
- Occult: Aleister Crowley, Robert Anton Wilson, Kenneth Grant, J. D. Gunther, James Eshelman;
- Religion (General): Sefer Yetzirah, Nag Hammadi, Dead Sea Scrolls;
- Buddhism: S.N. Goenka, Bhikku Bodhi (trans.);
- Psychology: Carl Jung, Sigmund Freud, Wilhelm Reich, Jacques Lacan;
- Philosophy: Plato, Alain Badiou, Nietzsche, Georges Bataille;
- Literature: Franz Kafka, Herman Hesse, James Joyce, Kenzaburo Oe;
- Poetry: Arthur Rimbaud, Allen Ginsberg;
- Science Fiction: Philip K. Dick;
Welcome to the Temple Illuminatus ! ( : Please do make your self at home and enjoy the many discussions & groups we have here ... I am sure you will find many that with you .....feel free at any time to jump right in...And share your thoughts....or experiences... join a discussion or start your own..... If you have any questions we the admin team are here to help..... I look forward to future posts you share and getting to know more about you..... ( : Have a lovely eve!