Snow Fungus, Silver Ear – Tremella fuciformis
Has well-documented blood thinning and cholesterol properties. Prescribed in traditional Chinese medicine for several lung diseases. Anti-tumor, immune-enhancer, reduces blood pressure, reduces cholesterol, diabetes, anti-inflammatory, for asthma/bronchial, for the liver/hepatitis. The fungus Lowers LDL cholesterol in mice. Avoid if you are suffering from cough and cold.
Aids Digestion: Polysaccharides and dietary fiber help to support the digestive system
Anti-Inflammatory: Reduces inflammation
Anti-Bacterial: Protects against infections and harmful bacteria
Anti-Aging: Antioxidants help to fight free radical damage
Immune Support: Helps to strengthen the immune system
Beautifying: Promotes a healthy, glowing complexion
Mood Balancer: Can help to reduce irritability and anxiousness
Lowers cholesterol: Fights high cholesterol levels
It has been found that the fermented solution and various extracts as well as the polysaccharide from TF 1,5,6) have several pharmacological activities, 7) such as enhancing the cellular and humoral im-mune functions, 6,8) and they also have anti-tumor, 9,10) hypo-glycemic, 11,12) hypocholesterolemic, 13,14) anti-inﬂamma-tory, 1,3) antioxidant, 15) and anti-aging effects. 16)
The polysac-charide fraction has been clinically used in China for cancer patients who are being treated with chemotherapy or radio-therapy to enhance their immune function 8) and also for treat-ing chronic hepatitis patients. 17
7) Hobbs C., “Medicinal Mushrooms, An Exploration of Tradition, Heal-
ing and Culture,” Botanica Press, Santa Cruz, 1995.
8) Lin Z. B., Qin Z. L., Xia H. L., Guan H. C., Jiao K., Acta Pharm. Sin.,
6, 201—204 (1985).
9) Ukai S., Hirose K., Kiho T., Hara C., Irikura T., Chem. Pharm. Bull.,
20, 2293—2294 (1972).
10) Wang Z. C., Yang S., Li L. X., Zhou F. M., Wang R. D., J. Tradit. Chin.
Med., 3, 13—16 (1983)
11) Xue W., Ju B., Wang S., Chen Q. H., Zhongguo Yaoke Daxue Xuebao,
20, 181—183 (1989).
12) Kiho T., Tsujimura Y., Sakushima M., Usui S., Ukai S., Yakugaku
Zasshi, 114, 308—315 (1994).
13) Cheng P. C. K., Nutr. Res., 16, 1721—1725 (1996).
14) Cheng H. H., Hou W. C., Lu M. L., J. Agric. Food Chem., 50, 7438—
15) Mau J. L., Chao G. R., Wu K. T., J. Agric. Food Chem., 49, 5461—
16) Zhou H., Zhongguo Yaoke Daxue Xuebao, 20, 303—306 (1989).
17) Xiong H. Z., Chin. J. Antiobiot., 10, 363—365 (1985).